Definition: Behave as though attracted to or trying to attract someone, but without serious intentions: “it amused him to flirt with her”.
Do you really like the person?
- What do you like about them?
- What qualities do you like?
- Eye contact
- Touching arms (but be subtle)
- ‘Accidentally get close’
- Pay them compliments
- Tell jokes
- Make nice gestures ie. little gifts or notes or texts
- Don’t be too smutty
Is it mutual?
Want to know if it is mutual?
- Trust your instincts.
- Send a text message or try to find out.
- Do you notice that the person avoids you and does not respond? If so the chances are it is not mutual.
- Be aware, some people in love behave just a little aloof and surly because they do not know how to cope with their feelings.
- You’re bound to be disappointed if it’s not mutual but at least you can move on. Better than letting a crush overshadow your life.
- Making your feelings known takes guts and people recognise this.